VILNIUS – St. John’s Church

The construction of the church of St. John started soon after Lithuania’s Christianisation in 1387 and was finished 1426. Originally it was Gothic. In 1571 it was taken over by Jesuits who built a wide Gothic presbytery with a passage around the altar. In 1738-49 the church was reconstructed in distict late Baroque style. Most precious is the church facade, which was completed in the 18th century. Although the facade has many small volutes and pilasters it looks harmonious.

Features

  • Coin Alloy Name: Alpaca 12
  • Coin Alloy Color: silver
  • Coin Diameter: 31
  • Coin Thickness: 2,25
  • Coin Edge: serrated, fine with script
  • City: VILNIUS
  • Country: Lithuania
  • Available: yes
  • Location: VILNIUS, Lithuania