Zámek Loučeň

The first note about castle Louč eň comes from 1223 but it was built on an order of duke Arnošt from Valdštejn in Baroque style about five hundred years later – between 1704 and 1714. After that the castle changed many owners. In 1831 it was a property of Karel Anselm Thurn-Taxis who changed the original Baroque french style park into an english park. In 1929 the castle was partly opened for public for the first time ever. After World War II, the castle was confiscated and in the 50s it served as a seat of ÈSD (the Czechoslovakian democratic party). Since 2001 it is owned by a corporation called Louč eň which opened the castle for public again on the 7th of July 2007.

Features

  • Coin Alloy Name: brass patinated
  • Coin Alloy Color: brass patinated
  • Coin Diameter: 30
  • Coin Thickness: 2
  • Coin Edge: serrated, fine
  • City: Loučeň
  • Country: Czech Republic
  • Available: no
  • Location: Loučeň, Czech Republic