St. Vladimír Church

This place of worship was built in the Neo-Byzantine style in 1844-1848. The construction of the church was initiated by the abbot Marian J. Heinl of the Monastery of Teplá, in the spirit of the abbot K. K. Reitenberger who had resigned. The plan of the orthogonal basilica, erected at the site where the Chapel of the Birth of the Virgin Mary had been standing since 1820, was designed by the architect Johann Gottfried Gutensohn of Munich, Bavaria. The construction was overseen by Anton Thurner of Pøimda (architect of the Monastery of Teplá) and Joseph Kranner (builder and sculptor from Prague).

Features

  • Coin Alloy Name: brass patinated
  • Coin Alloy Color: brass patinated
  • Coin Diameter: 30
  • Coin Thickness: 2
  • Coin Edge: serrated, fine
  • City: MARIÁNSKÉ LÁZNÌ
  • Country: Czech Republic
  • Available: no
  • Location: MARIÁNSKÉ LÁZNÌ, Czech Republic